Like?
Re: NEX 5R: what a big mistake I made
In reply to D Cox, Nov 13, 2012

D Cox wrote:

Helen wrote:

ennemkay wrote:

mike geier wrote:

I don't really see the importance of a touchscreen

i agree... i've only had my 5n for a few days though. you can choose a focus point within the frame by touch, but i don't yet see how that's better than focusing and recomposing. aside from that it doesn't seem to provide any additional functionality.

No, I don't either. I think it depends on whether you're a "focus and recompose" person or not (I am) - it seems some folks can't take to that method so for them, moving the focus point must seem useful.

Focus-and-recompose is only practical for hand-held shots.

It is not suitable for studio work on a tripod, especially close work on small objects.

And also ... drum-roll... those "focus-and-recompose" persons miss the fact that with a non-flat focal plane your focus will be off with this approach. Whereas with touch focus it wil be where you want it.

And same thing with legacy lenses: You enlarge the section you want to judge focus by.

Of course you can do the same e.g. with the 7 by first selecting MF and the using the controls to move the focus area to where you want it, but it take a while longer.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow