Brand New XZ-2 Review in PhotoReview Australia with particularly stunning test result!!!

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hoboken Michelle
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
Re: Brand New XZ-2 Review in PhotoReview Australia with particularly stunning test result!!!
In reply to chafouin, Nov 13, 2012

Perhaps higher mark is due to the fact that the RX100 has been criticized elsewhere for soft corners and flare issues, right? This despite the fact that overall image quality is considered "great" by much of the media and members of this website.

I am well aware of the more advanced BSI sensor and its potential, nonetheless, could someone please interpret the likely accuracy of the FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH from the XZ-2 review.  This is based on my understanding that many people in this forum and other sites seemed to criticize the XZ-1 noise quality above ISO 400:

"Low light performance was slightly better than the XZ-1's as the effects of high ISO settings only became evident in long exposures at ISO 3200 and higher, while flash exposures at ISO 6400 remained acceptably sharp. The review camera was able to balance flash exposures and produced even levels across the ISO range, with very slight over-exposure at ISO 12800."

MY QUESTION TO YOU AND PREVIOUS POSTERS:  Is review even more biased now with those two sentences or are you likely to fully believe those ISO observations?

chafouin wrote:

The XZ-2 is certainly a good camera, but their test seems a little bit biased. How can you give a higher mark than the RX100 for the image quality?

Hoboken Michelle's gear list:Hoboken Michelle's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow