Senior MemberPosts: 1,352
Like?
Re: Support Papa John's Pizza
In reply to Wheatfield, Nov 13, 2012

Wheatfield wrote:

Simon Gallup wrote:

Wheatfield wrote:

dwalby wrote:

There's a current commercial where Peyton Manning and John Schnatter are pitching Papa John's promotional giveaway of 2 million pizzas. Schnatter himself admits Obamacare will add 11 to 14 cents per pizza to his costs. So business is good enough that he can give away 2 million pizzas for free, but when it comes to forking over 14 cents per pie for his employees to live a healthier life, that's just too much of a burden for his billion dollar pizza business to endure.

I find that both amazing and repulsive. Don't these guys realize that healthy employees is the road to a successful business with low staff turnover?

Wtf ? Lol....

I doubt "low staff turnover" for a company that puts tomato sauce and slices of meat on some round dough then bakes it and drives it to the customer.... is all that important, ffs.

Not much of a "highly trained skill level".

Aren't these jobs for kids that are in high school ?

What a reach.

-- hide signature --

???? ???? ??????

You have apparently never had a job of any sort. Unskilled employees are a sure way to kill a business, and training costs are one of the major expenditures a business can make. Businesses that have a high staff turnover generally end up closing because they annoy customers to the point that they don't have any. This isn't a reach, this is the way it is. Even a pizza cook will take a few weeks of training before he can be trusted by himself for an entire shift. This means that for that time, labour costs are doubled.

If you had any business experience, you wouldn't make such retarded posts.

Then I bow to your career delivering pizzas.

What I know from a friend that owns a pizza shop is that turnover is the name of the game. People (aside from you) don't make pizza-making their "career".

No offense to your 2 weeks of hard skilled training and very rewarding career.

These businesses... all pizza chains... expect constant turnover and get it.  Which is why they don't want to be forced to provide health insurance to these people that will only be there a few months tops.

The paperwork alone isn't worth it.

Apparently Barack Obama's "fines" are.

-- hide signature --

???? ???? ??????

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow