D600/D800 Firmware Update Coming

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Darren Langdon
Contributing MemberPosts: 698Gear list
Like?
Re: D600/D800 Firmware Update Coming
In reply to Martin Grecner, Nov 13, 2012

Conclusion: focus priority with AF-ON works, and it works the "focus-and-recompose way" exactly as the shutter release half-press does, not the "trap-focus way" as the AF-ON works on older Nikon bodies.

I do not have D600, but I strongly believe it behaves the same way.

Finally, I would also like if trap focus was implemented in D800, and I would like to have it as user selectable option.

Martin

My bad. You are right. I just did some testing and it works just this way you have described. I was positive that when I tested it before that it did not work this way. I apologize for any grief. I also agree with your statement "I would also like if trap focus was implemented in D800, and I would like to have it as user selectable option."

-- hide signature --

___________________________________________________________ One should never 'take' a photo but rather make one.....the only thing you should take is your time. FCAS Member #104

Darren Langdon's gear list:Darren Langdon's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow