Biking with an XE-1 ? (Backpack)

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Questions thread
Maurizio De Cecco
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Re: Biking with an XE-1 ? (Backpack)
In reply to Vic Chapman, Nov 13, 2012

Vic Chapman wrote:

I too used these. Just press a button and walk away with your bag of gear. I did worry a little about the camera being bumped around. Another alternative is the Lowepro Event Messenger bag. It comes in 2 sizes that may interest you, the 100 and the 150 (which I have). For a light outfit of camera and 2-3 lenses plus bits and pieces I recommend the former. The advantage is that you need not remove the bag to get to your gear. If you are taking just one lens on the camera then why not use the full camera case.

http://www.lowepro.com/eventmessenger

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am talking about bicycle, not motorbike; i bike a lot bringing my laptop, and i tried with a bag but it is damn dangerous. If you have to stop quickly, the bag may not agree and start an orbit around you (typically you bring it on your back, to have free hands); this may interfere with steering, and bring you exactly where you were trying not to be (under a truck, for example).

I would opt for a backpack; i would also worry about bumping the camera, especially in Paris, were bike lanes are not as great ....

Maurizio

Maurizio De Cecco's gear list:Maurizio De Cecco's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow