Looking for thoughts

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Meyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,336Gear list
Like?
There is no "right" answer
In reply to Swamp Duck, Nov 13, 2012

Or perhaps, everyone's "right" answer is different.

As far as size comparisons, even the GH3 is a lot smaller than most DSLRs with similar build quality and features. Comparing it to a Rebel T3i is like comparing apples and oranges. And saying that with a lens it's "as big" just isn't true. Except for a few very compact DSLR lenses, in any comparison of equivalent FOV m43 lenses are much smaller. When combined with several lenses, an m43 kit (even with a GH3) dramatically smaller than even an entry-level DSLR and similar lenses.

What's "too big" is something each person gets to decide on. Some people here think the OM-D is too big, and won't touch anything bigger than a GF or Pen mini. Others, including me, think the GH2 is fine, and anything smaller is too difficult to handle. Especially with larger lenses.

Finally, for me, weight is far more important than size. I have no issues with the size of the EOS 50D. In fact, I find the handling of that size camera, or maybe the slightly smaller 60D, to be just about perfect. I just hate the weight of the body and a set of 3 or 4 lenses.

In the end, though, why is this a concern at all? If you think the GH3 is too big for you, then don't buy it. Why do you care if other people think it's too big or not?

-- hide signature --

OM-D for sale; see classifieds forum.

Bob Meyer's gear list:Bob Meyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow