RAW processing software,.....Which is the SIMPLEST program?

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
cplunk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,295Gear list
Like?
Re: RAW processing software,.....Which is the SIMPLEST program?
In reply to Setter Dog, Nov 13, 2012

Setter Dog wrote:

Not sure anyone will have an answer for me, but I'll pose the question.

After reading the several threads on RAWvs JPEG, I'm motivated to give RAW a try. From what I read and hear, Lightroom is probably the best program and easy enough once you get used to it. What I'm looking to try is the most simple program to use that is effective. It certainly doesn't have to be the best, just enough to let me know if I'm interested enough to try the best.

I'm actually pretty happy with Sony JPEGs straight out of my Sony cameras. I have to give most long zoom shots a touch of AUTO CONTRAST in Picasa, but that's about it.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jack

If you're happy with Sony JPG in Picasa, maybe you'll be similarly satisfied with Sony RAW in Picasa, it is supported.

It does have it's limitations, and I've tried using lightroom to expand my capabilities and found it rather "obtuse" as a new user (who is very familiar with Picasa).  I've been meaning to try other options, but I'm very displeased with Adobe's file management and the additional time involved in processing images without using it.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
DXONew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow