fotophool
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,760
Like?
Re: GH3 and EPL-5?
In reply to Adventsam, Nov 13, 2012

Adventsam wrote:

Bob Meyer wrote:

Adventsam wrote:

Is the EPL-5 as good as EM-5? I doubt it and from this the EPL-5 is ahead by a margin for detail, look at the purple print top right corner, its missing in the GH3, incl iso125? and is apparent all the way to 3200 in the EPL-5. My worse fears are the GH2 has superior detail to GH3 look actually true.

Why do you doubt the EPL-5 is as good as the EM-5? According to Olympus they use the same sensor, and there have been a number of comparisons online that show the two cameras produce results that are basically identical.

-- hide signature --

OM-D for sale; see classifieds forum.

I believe there are many cameras using ostensibly the same 16mp aps-c sensor, are you saying the o/p is the same from all these cameras? dxo says no and generally speaking the they are slightly different with slightly different aa filters to boot. The epl-5 does not have same ibis, buffer and whatever else camera internals as the em-5 nor the same construction.

Some real world reading for you:

http://www.pekkapotka.com/journal/2012/11/1/olympus-e-pl5-beats-om-d-hands-down-or.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow