Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Prakash Heda
Contributing MemberPosts: 508
Like?
Re: Obama must reject the GOP’s blackmail
In reply to nevada5, Nov 13, 2012

nevada5 wrote:

Prakash Heda wrote:

2008 win was easy for Obama, this time he won an amazing victory. Not only did dems hold the White House despite a still-troubled economy, in a year when their Senate majority was supposed to be doomed, they actually added seats.

Obama win re-election with a populist campaign, so he should plausibly claim that Republicans are defying the will of the American people.

Republicans can claim that Obama is defying the will of 50% of the American people. It's a tough sell, if he has any conscience he'll have a problem claiming that others are defying the will of the people (remember Obamacare?)

Repubs can claim whatever they want, reason was never required for them, excuse is yes....

So what should he do? Just say no and go over the cliff if necessary.

I vote for that. We keep kicking the can down the road, but the road is not infinite.

I am glad to hear that, would be great if GOP don't change their stance on this...

You should know that the fiscal cliff isn’t really a cliff. It’s not like the debt-ceiling confrontation, where terrible things might well have happened right away if the deadline had been missed.

This time, nothing very bad will happen to the economy if agreement isn’t reached until a few weeks or even a few months into 2013. So there’s time to bargain.

The bad things have already happened to the economy. Where have you been? The issue is whether we continue to slip-slide away or start making the hard choices to turn things around.

oh I was there in Bush presidency and seen that....but its high time fix it with tough measures....

Also GOP should remember, its Obama's responsibility to fix economy not theirs (that's what I heard in election from GOP)

OK, but it has been his responsibility for the last four years and we are 6 trillion dollars deeper in debt. Why are you so sure he will suddenly do what is needed?

You will never understand, accepting truth is not repubs philosophy.....

In January 2001 when Bush Jr. took reins from Clinton. US debt stood at approx. $5 trillion. Annual surplus was $500 billion. Ten year projected surplus - $5 Trillion. According to the projections, the US would have paid off all its obligations by the end of the last decade.

In January 2009, after 8 years of Republican rule (6 of which Republicans controlled all two arms - all of congress and the White House). US debt stood at approx. $10 trillion. Annual projected deficit $1.4 trillion. Ten year projected deficit - more than $10 Trillion. According to the projections, the US would remain in debt, indefinitely.

Most of all, standing up to hostage-taking is the right thing to do for the health of America’s political system.

So stand your ground, Mr. President, and don’t give in to threats, time to call GOP's Bluff, no deal is better than a bad deal.

Harry Reid has said he has no problem voting to raise the debt ceiling to 18.5 trillion, without batting an eye. Couple the interest on this obnoxious debt with our huge outlay for entitlements, and how long do you think we can continue? You advocate letting Obama have his way, which is ignore the problems and fail to attempt to fix anything. It's four more just like the last four.

Sure you continue to live in the world on denial, tunnel view and fox channel and talk radio....

Obama administration's accomplishments

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3292812

Bills Republicans Have Blocked Since President Obama Took Office

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3293301

-- hide signature --

Hey, it ain't rocket surgery.
Larry
I'm experimenting with Quantum Physics and I just discovered that I can completely destr

-- hide signature --

Prakash
Www.starinnovative.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow