Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Helen
Senior MemberPosts: 2,927
Like?
A quick observation about the E-PL5
Nov 13, 2012

Thought I'd mention this as I hadn't seen it mentioned elsewhere.  The E-PL5 (and so presumably the E-PM2 also) has a different shutter than the E-PL3 and E-PM1 did.  I'd noticed in the specs that the top flash sync speed is a lot higher and of course it's more widely publicised that the top continuous shooting speed is also higher.  Nevertheless, I'd imagined it would just be an uprated version of the same shutter.  However, now I've handled one, I can confirm it's different because it has lost that odd characteristic which was unique to the E-PL3 and E-PM1 - the power-on shutter cycle.  I'm pleased about that - it made it rather noticeable when you turned the camera on (not always welcome!).  I may yet be proved wrong, but I think the shutter action is softer, which should help cut down interactions with the IBIS.

Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Olympus PEN E-PM2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow