Found my 'eye', and lost my mind. . . (un-methodical test of new lens)

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,031Gear list
Like?
Re: Found my 'eye', and lost my mind. . . (un-methodical test of new lens)
In reply to S. Miller, Nov 13, 2012

S. Miller wrote:

Hi Bob,

+4 on these three being my favorites. Great shots as usual. The mood and feel of this first one is just so New York. The composition in the Circle Line is fantastic - it's clean and works so well with the light. As to the Fish Market, I'm glad sgoldswo pointed out, but it totally reminds me of Boulevard of Broken Dreams. The color is eery cool (though maybe the shadows were pulled up a bit too much?).

I live in Northern NJ and pretty much never get in to the city for non-social events. But the more I see your night shots, the more I realize that I have to hop on the train with camera in hand and walk around the city at night. Looks so fun.

I drive myself nuts with this.   Come the early afternoon I'm anxious to get out there, by the end of day I'm usually less ambitious.   But I've been pushing myself to get out there more often, and out of my neighborhood (I just don't see in my neighborhood what others might, being a live where I work, I guess).

But with this lens mounted, I don't bemoan the season, that there's no daylight left at the end of the workday [g].

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
/"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't."/ - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow