Found my 'eye', and lost my mind. . . (un-methodical test of new lens)

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,905Gear list
Like?
Re: Found my 'eye', and lost my mind. . . (un-methodical test of new lens)
In reply to sgoldswo, Nov 13, 2012

sgoldswo wrote:

Bob, I like these a lot. I was a bit worried that no one else had bought one because a thread I posted on it a week or two back received no responses.

Funny, that.  I didn't look at your topic because this lens is too massive and expensive for 35mm on µ4/3.    I forgot about the topic when I shot the nor'easter last week with the 20/1.7 and came to the realization (with a chorus of angels signing to punctuate the recognition)  this FOV was THE FOV for me.

Of these "Circle Line" and "Fish Market" are my favourites, the composition is Hopperesque.

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the 17.5mm, it really is a special lens with a bit of magic wide open and stopped down (and of course it's relatively huge and heavy).

It does people as well as any 35 equivalent can as well (shot of my brother with the 17.5):

Thanks for posting these - you've made me want to take some landscapes and architecture with mine.

Love this photo, there's a lot of character being conveyed (makes me feel like I know your brother).   I need to get over myself and look to pointing the lens at strangers on the street more often.  

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
/"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't."/ - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow