Found my 'eye', and lost my mind. . . (un-methodical test of new lens)

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,014Gear list
Like?
Re: Found my 'eye', and lost my mind. . . (un-methodical test of new lens)
In reply to jalywol, Nov 13, 2012

jalywol wrote:

These three just do it for me.

FABULOUS work all around, but these three have magic.

The first one below is just such a spectacular composition; it works on so many levels. I'd enter that one in a show or some contest somewhere.... It is such a NY scene; reminds me of when I was a kid and after a family get-together my folks would drop my Aunt off at her apartment on a street in NYC that looked a lot like this one.... (BTW, where was this taken?)

I know what you mean.  This is the sort of thing that I refer to as fascinating me as a boy looking at Pop Photography.  This was off the main plaza of the South Street Seaport.

By the way, I showed some of your work to my sister, who is a very good artist (BFA Cooper Union, MFA Bard)(painting), and who has one of the best eyes for good work of anyone I have ever met. She thought your building/NYC photos were terrific. I personally would take that as a high complement....

[blush]  You're both too, too kind.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
/"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't."/ - Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow