ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Henk-Jan
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Canon 650D AF issues
Nov 13, 2012

Hi,

After a trip to the tropics with my new 650D I noticed a lot of my shots were blurry to the point of being useless. Big bummer!

So I checked the AF system of my camera with different lenses and found that the AF on my 650D is very, very unreliable, with all my lenses (18-55 IS, 55-250 IS, 10-22 USM, 60 macro USM). I've never seen this with my previous camera's (450D & 60D).

It happens with all AF sensor-points, also the center-point.

Check out a sample series with the center AF-point selected (the tree) and with the outer right AF-point selected (thermometer).

Procedure: 650D with 18-55 IS lens, focal length 18 mm, IS on and TV mode Shutterspeed 1/125 (to avoid motion blur), viewfinder, shooting a series while refocusing after every shot. Mind you, the series of the tree is the best result I can get with that amount of pictures in a row. It's often worse, as you can tell by the series of the thermometer.

I know that center-point AF sensor should be more reliable than the others, but this seems to be pretty poor even for center point. Do any of you have the same experience?

Center AF-point

outer right AF-point

Cheers,

HJ

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow