How Long Will Li-Ion Batteries For X-E1, X-Pro, X100, X10 Be In Production After Cameras Are Discont

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
MattME
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
Re: How Long Will Li-Ion Batteries For X-E1, X-Pro, X100, X10 Be In Production
In reply to ryder78, Nov 13, 2012

ryder78 wrote:

I was just wondering, since most Fujifilm cameras(not only the X-Series) operate on special Li-ion batteries and not the common AA or AAA standard-sized batteries, how long will these Li-Ion batteries be in production after the cameras are discontinued? In other words, usually how long will the cameras be supported after tehy are replaced wtih newer models? 1 year? 2 years? 5 years? The new cameras from Fujifilm(X200, X-E2, X-Pro2 etc.) may use a different type of Li-Ion battery.

It would be a disappointment if one cannot find or purchase suitable batteries for a working camera, considering the short life span of the rechargeable Li-Ion batteries(about 200 or 300 chargers the last time I read).

Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated.

I agree with another poster - I wouldn't worry about it, support is likely to be around for at least 10 years, especially with the higher end models that tend to be kept by people for much longer than the more disposable point-and-shoots.  Even if Fuji themselves eventually discontinue the battery, then you'll find 3rd parties will keep doing them.  There is still an abundance of batteries available for my Lumix LX2, which was released in 2006 and has been superseded by 3 new models now!

Matt

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow