Which lens is good for normal point and shoot DSLR Cannon 5D mark III ?

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
roby17269
Contributing MemberPosts: 876Gear list
Like?
Re: Which lens is good for normal point and shoot DSLR Cannon 5D mark III ?
In reply to ideaboy, Nov 13, 2012

ideaboy wrote:

Hi All,

In a sudden rush of Adrenalin while reading review of Cannon 5D mark III in dpreview, i decided to buy the camera in next hour after reading review and placed an order. I have no experience in high end photography. After buying it i began to think what i will use for? Answer this Question is the people I know, my family and places i visit.

Now i dont have which lens is a fit for such need. The camera i ordered is coming with Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens. Could the experienced photographer answer my question if this lens will serve my purpose? Also is there any other lens in the market for similar use? Thanks and appreciate very much your responses. Cheers !

For general travel photography the 24-105 lens will do fine.

For people photography I'd suggest you buy a fast 50mm lens (there is a cheap Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 mkII that would do)

Now, the 5D has a fully auto mode, but it is not exactly a snapshot camera and it sort of assumes that the user knows what he or she is doing. If that's not the case, it will take some learning and experimenting before you will be able to unlock the camera's potential... but do not be discouraged! It is an highly rewarding challenge!

By the way, it's not a weapon... the brand name is CANON with 2 n's, not 3

-- hide signature --
 roby17269's gear list:roby17269's gear list
Adobe Photoshop CS6 extended Nik Silver Efex Pro Nik Color Efex Pro Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Canon EOS-1D X +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow