How the post-Sandy 'New York' cover photo was shot with a 1DX

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
KAllen Veteran Member • Posts: 3,812
Re: How the post-Sandy 'New York' cover photo was shot with a 1DX

MASTERPPA wrote:

What he means is that for that high a ISO. The 5DIII, 5DII and a lot of the Nikons have good-decent high ISO, but if you want the lowest noise and 18MP, the 1Dx is king. The noise on the D4 is about the same (a little more) , and it has more DR, but you get 2 more MP. So the 1Dx beats out the D4 (BARELY)

Before, you would need a stabilizer. What I would have done, was take a few wide and FAST primes. Like the 24mm and 35. I would say this, if the 24-70 2.8II was a IS lens, it would be the best zoom in that range in the world.. HANDS DOWN. I love the 24-70 II except no IS.. I would have paid $500 more for IS

Even as a Canon user...it doesn't seem very impressive to me. Certainly nothing that a 5D II or III couldn't have captured, not to mention Nikon's FF models...

-- hide signature --

The problem with the 24mm and 35 mm f1.4 lenses at f1.4 is they are very very soft in the corners, the 24mm at f1.4 is not really useable. I bought them for just this purpose, night aerials. The 35mm is better but still needs 2 or 3 clicks down to deliver.

Gyro's still beat high iso on any camera system, that's why I have two KS6's Two KS8's and a KS12 and lots of mounts I've made for different occasions and aircraft.

Kevin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow