Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,111Gear list
Like?
Why I decided to stick with NX system
Nov 13, 2012

Even if I was highly disappointed by NX20 (too expensive, bad form factor for my tastes, no IBIS, no focus peaking, average EVF), I decided to stay with NX, and I'm about to buy the 85mm f1.4 at 400 euro (bargain price!), thus investing on this system even more money than I already did (I own the 20mm, 30mm, 60mm, 50-200mm lenses).

Why?

Simply because, after looking around and testing a lot, there is too little real competition in the mirrorless market to make me want to change system.

NEX (5r or 6): great sensors, slightly better than samsung's DR and high ISO wise, but very poor selection of lenses, of not great quality, which are usually so much expensive and bulky when compared to NX ones.

Fuji: possibly the best mirrorless body out, but again, for now, few (but good) lenses, and quite expensive (both system and lenses)

Canon (EOS-M): nice sensor, on par with Samsung's latest, I'd say, but again not so many native lenses (great selection of adaptable ones, but bulky)

M4/3: not a chance that I could go back to smaller sensor after using APS/C. Possibly some models can have very good IQ, DR and so on, but I prefer the shallow DoF that APS/C allows.

So, summing up, NX appears to be (for me) the best overall mirrorless system out at this moment, and I really, really, really hope they can put out some Sensor with even better IQ and especially with better high ISO handling, on a camera with rangefinder form factor and swivel screen, possibly with android OS in it.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
Samsung NX20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow