Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
zambie
Regular MemberPosts: 455Gear list
Like?
The memories remain: adios 1000D
Nov 13, 2012

It's been about a year and a half since I moved onto a 7D from my 1000D ... but had kept my 1000D as a second body. Finally, with much deliberation - decided to sell my 1000D to partially fund a new lens that I want to buy ... sad to let it go 'cos there are many memories attached!

Browsed through my library to revisit some of the pictures I had taken with this camera - most of them taken with the kit lens (18-55 non IS), nifty fifty (50 f/1.8) and the Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 - sharing some of the pictures I had taken with this camera ... nice memories! I think the thrill of learning on your first camera is something else ...

Sharing some of my pictures that have since been very important in my growing process as a photographer ...

Hope all of you have as much fun with your cameras as I've had with my 1000D and my present 7D! Would love to hear about your experiences with your first camera/ when you first got serious with photography, and perhaps even share some of your "ah-haa" shots and what you learnt from them so that we can all learn something hopefully!!

Cheers.

- Ananda

1. pre-dawn beach hues

5 am - first pre dawn shoot I ever ventured out to. It's an addiction now - whenever I'm in a new vacation spot.

2. Boat out of water

This photo gave me the opportunity of learning a lot of post production techniques - figuring what to do when the sky is burnt out, dealing with hues and textures

3. Hurtling through

One of my first panning attempts, not my most crisp and detailed pan, but one of my favourites nevertheless - just like the mood of the rikshaw hurrying along ... learnt all about relative motion and speed of camera in relation to subject motion based on angle at which you're shooting the subject in this session

4. There's always a moment to be captured

The shot that got me hooked to street photography - before this I would only concentrate on landscape/ nature photography. Lesson learnt - there are so many genres of photography, each as rich as the other - it's upto us to explore!

5. Monsoon

Multiple lessons learnt in this photograph and session of photography: was travelling on a local train in India with the most fabulous brooding stormy skies. Learnt a great deal about black and white conversion, selectively focussing on various parts of a photograph and giving it different treatments. Also learnt that you need a bloody high shutter speed to keep things in focus when the train is hurtling down the tracks!! (for this specific shot, the train was quite slow and hence managed to pull off the shot at 1/320s)

6. Perverse nature - nature's takeover

You can extract incredible amounts of detail in the digital darkroom! Don't give up.

7. Out of the fog

Err - I know the caption does "seem" to be misleading - but this show was actually taken in very foggy conditions with the proverbial Calcutta yellow taxi rushing through. Playing around with software gave me a solarized version of the picture which is one of my favourites! ... Again - this was one of my panned shots.

zambie's gear list:zambie's gear list
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM
Canon EOS 1000D (EOS Rebel XS / Kiss F Digital) Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow