A rant on the menu system

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
chromnd
Regular MemberPosts: 333Gear list
Like?
Re: A rant on the menu system
In reply to AlanB1976, Nov 13, 2012

Well, I have to admit, the Sony menu system is not the easiest one to use, but coming from a NEX-3, the NEX-6 is a huge leap forward.

AlanB1976 wrote:

Sure, there is the FN button to shortcut to some settings, but you’re only listed some. For example, the flash compensation cannot be set there, yet you can assign that to the B key or AEL (which in my case I want that set to one of the other limited settings). Maybe I’m just not used to it yet but it is really hard work.

As I mainly bought the NEX-6 because of the EVF, I use it almost every time and I'm so happy with it. What's an additional benefit of the EVF, is the option to use the rear screen for options only. You can also set flash compensation there, if your flash is attached or activated.

You can change any setting on the rear screen with a tap of the FN button, which is great. If you view through the EVF you will have a limited (configurable) set of settings displayed in the EVF.

Using the EVF and the rear screen only for settings, improves the usability of the NEX system a lot in my opinion.

chromnd's gear list:chromnd's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow