RE: Canon G1-X - "crippling JPEG when shot with RAW"???

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,013Gear list
Like?
Re: RE: Canon G1-X - "crippling JPEG when shot with RAW"???
In reply to Hoboken Michelle, Nov 13, 2012

Hoboken Michelle wrote:

As per a current thread on the G1-X, a couple of people mentioned this idea about crippled JPEG images when shot with RAW.

Now that I finally own the camera, I don't see what they mean, nor have I seen/recall another thread at any point recently where you all have criticized JPEGs output at all. Anyone care to add on to this...

Or perhaps by "crippled", what was meant was not image quality but burst rate or lack of the "superfine" option??? Not sure...

What we meant was that we had set the JPEG settings to sharpen and enhance the colors of the JPEG images.  But when RAW+JPEG were selected, the resulting pictures from this setting were devoid of any of our changes.  JPEGs by themselves were sharpened and emboldened... but JPEGS taken in RAW+JPEG mode were as soft and sharpened as the RAW images.

Very annoying.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow