D600 & Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm f/4 G ED VR....?

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jjm1181
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
D600 & Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm f/4 G ED VR....?
Nov 13, 2012

I know this type of question is asked often with all the different wide angle zoom/prime lens choices, but....

Does the higher ISO ability of the D600 compensate for the Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm f/4 G ED VR only being an f/4? I really like the VR because I'm a newbie and not sure my hands and technique are sharp yet.

In theory I would be able to crank up my ISO even more in low light situations without much noise to compensate for the lower aperature...correct?

My next lens purchase is going to be a wide angle lens but I can't decifer between all the choices...so many to choose from with no clear cut winner...(maybe the 14 - 24 but price is steep).

I am trying to widdle the choices down and this is my recent thought on this lens.

I also keep debating between just getting a 20mm prime 2.8 for cheap and using the rest of the money saved on another lens or flash....

ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED...THANKS.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow