Back from the land of the mirrorless (K5II image)

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Reybabes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,467
Like?
Back from the land of the mirrorless (K5II image)
Nov 13, 2012

I thought the really big hiking trips were behind me.  The trips that took me to Alaska, the great National Parks in the US, Italy, Central America...

I'll just putter around now, take something with me that's small and decent... I thought.  I got rid of my Nikon and Pentax bodies and then tried a variety of very fine mirrorless cameras.  Some were good, some less so.

And then, lo and behold, I find that I have one or maybe even two big trips left in me.  Next week, I'm flying out for 10 days on the South Island of New Zealand... to the land of fjords, glaciers, mountain peaks and wonderful tramping.  Reminds me of my hiking adventures in Alaska.  So, I began to fret whether my Fujifilm X body or smaller m4/3 kit would be up to the challenge.  I've been reading that some parts of NZ can be quite wet.  Because I don't have a lot of time to investigate, I went back to my old standby, the Pentax K series.  I was thinking K5 but was intrigued by the new K5 twins.  I went back and forth between the II and the IIs and in the end decided on the II as I thought it would be more versatile (and perhaps require less post processing).

I've had the camera for just two days and the above shot was taken yesterday in a small park near my house in New England.  Used the kit 18-135 which I decided to get for those rainy situations.

Long story short... I'm happy to be back.  And I'm looking forward to posting images here and to my blog.

Thanks,

Rey

-- hide signature --

The best things in life aren't things...
Photo blog: www.2guysphoto.com
http://500px.com/reyspadoni

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow