Started Nov 13, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RailroadMan
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Epson R1800 plugged nozzles and fuzzy black
Nov 13, 2012

Since January, 2012 I have been working with a Continuous Ink Feed System and printing was excellent. Two weeks ago the PK nozzle got plugged and I have been trying to fix it. Numerous web sites indicate solutions but the suggestions are pretty much similar.

However, I have not been successful so far. In addition black print is fuzzy and there seems to be a faint horizontal line through the letters midway between top and bottom.

I noticed that recently the ink drains back from the nozzles leaving an air space in the tubes. I don't recall if this was happening before. If I raise the ink supply tanks the ink then flows back into the nozzles removing the air space. If I raise the tanks too high then I get puddles of ink on the paper when printing.

Can anyone suggest what I can do to resolve these two problems? Also I am sure Epson will charge a substantial fee to repair the nozzles. I may decide to buy another R1800. I found several firms that sell used machines since new ones are no longer available.

Is the a later model of Epson printers that are equivalent to the R1800 and use the same kind of ink?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow