Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wallenborn
Junior MemberPosts: 36
Like?
Basketball with the FZ200
Nov 13, 2012

I had my FZ200 with me at the Frankfurt-Bonn game the other week. Light in the arena was pretty dim, so the camera worked pretty much at its physical limits. ISO 2000 mostly, f/2.8 for shutter speeds around 1/250, autofocus set to AFC. Shot RAW, developed in Lightroom 4.2. What i learned:

• F/2.8 on a long lens is awesome, even with the small sensor.
  • AFC has come a long way. I had planned to experiment with prefocus, but the first shots with continuous autofocus came out ok, and i just forgot about changing it. Sure, the hit rate is a lot lower than with a DSLR, but i remember the hit rate for compact camera AFC in action sports used to be zero.
  • I used Aperture mode with a fixed ISO. In hindsight i should have used manual mode with f/2.8 and 1/250 shutter speed, and let the camera pick the ISO. The light was uneven, and i had shots at shutter speeeds down to 1/400. I should have used longer exposures and decreased ISO instead.
  • ISO 2000 is grainy, borderline usable, but not as smeared and water-colory as i had feared. Not an ISO i want to use, but definitely better than emergency only.

Konstantin Klein

Emsminger tries to deny Zack Peackock

Quantez Robertson

Voigtmann rebounds

Devin Gibson at the line

Scott vs Ewing

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow