Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bloodycape
Senior MemberPosts: 1,425Gear list
Like?
Supplemental m4/3 camera?
Nov 13, 2012

I currently have a G2, which I really like, specially when shooting wild-life as the evf is very nice. However the G2, as a small as it is, isn't small enough to fit in suit pocket. So, right now I am looking at a supplemental m4/3 camera(more than likely paired with the 14mm). I am stuck deciding between the GF3 and the GX1. The E-PM1 is nice, but I didn't like the handling(a grip should fix it), and the interface wasn't really for me. So that camera is out. My budget would be around $350(I know it would be pushing it to find a GX1 with the 14mm, but holidays are close to who knows).

That all said I like the GF3s price, & size with the 14mm(under $300 is tempting). But, then the GX1 stares at me with the better control, and sensor(& possibly jpeg processing too?). I feel like if I go GF3, I am loosing out on the best quality I could potential get within my budget. But, if I go GX1, I am a bit worried it maybe a bit to large, and a bit redundant to have one when I already have the G2.

Realistically how suit pocketable is the GX1? Would it be redundant to have the G2 and the GX1? Any suggestions, ideas tips. Thanks.

bloodycape's gear list:bloodycape's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +1 more
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow