Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bugbot42
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Birding in Colorado
Nov 13, 2012

Recently got a Nikon AF-S 300mm f/4 and I brought it along on the trip. These are a few of my best photos from the trip:

Rufous Hummingbird I believe, Juvenile Male. Background is from trees and bushes far enough away so as to blend into a smooth green background with a slight gradient. Cropped slightly to remove a tiny bit of the bird feeder from the bottom left corner.

This little girl would routinely perch on the bar holding up one of the bird feeders. I strapped a branch from a nearby tree to the bar in the hopes she would land on the branch instead and give me a more natural environment.

I think this is a juvenile Pine Grosbeak. The colors in it remind me of fire and ash.

On a hike up a mountain this Ptarmigan crossed the trail ahead of us. On a nice, overcast yet bright day, the colors were really brought out nicely.

I attempted to catch some hummingbirds in flight while they dove for insects over a pond, but never got any decent results since the little guys moved way too fast and there was no way of predicting where they'd go next.

Comments and critique very welcome. I'm new to these forums, and I rarely get any meaningful critique from family and friends who all respond with "that's pretty!" which isn't all that useful...

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow