Found my 'eye', and lost my mind. . . (un-methodical test of new lens)

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,408Gear list
Like?
Re: Found my 'eye', and lost my mind. . . (un-methodical test of new lens)
In reply to Bob Tullis, Nov 12, 2012

These three just do it for me.

FABULOUS work all around, but these three have magic.

The first one below is just such a spectacular composition; it works on so many levels.  I'd enter that one in a show or some contest somewhere.... It is such a NY scene; reminds me of when I was a kid and after a family get-together my folks would drop my Aunt off at her apartment on a street in NYC that looked a lot like this one.... (BTW, where was this taken?)

The Fish Market one is a lot like the buildings in Troy that I am drawn to and try and capture whenever I am in town....That lens is really excellent; the detail and microcontrast are terrific, by the way. Makes me wish I had the resources to try one sometime....

By the way, I showed some of your work to my sister, who is a very good artist (BFA Cooper Union, MFA Bard)(painting), and who has one of the best eyes for good work of anyone I have ever met.  She thought your building/NYC photos were terrific.  I personally would take that as a high complement....

-Janet

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow