Testing the V1 at 3200 ISO and 110mm.

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
DDen
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
Re: Testing the V1 at 3200 ISO and 110mm.
In reply to jonikon, Nov 12, 2012

Hey Jon,

Thanks! I know that the V1 was an excellent camera and I checked out slrgear.com for the lens quality before I bought mine. I just went to http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM to compare it to the Sony DSLR-A700 and it's obvious it's better at ISO 3200 and granted, technology improves so one would expect it to be better. I then went and compared it to a Nikon D7000... I have one. It's pretty close at 200 ISO. But, what really blows me away as your images show is the quality of the lens. So, sharp for so little money!

What some folks may not realize is to get sharpness as you have shown, plus resolving the image at 3200 ISO you would have to spend a whole lot more money and carry around a lot more weight as compared to the Nikon 1. Sorry... everyone probably knows that here... I'm an excited newbee. I am also comparing current pricing.

I'm not trying to take away your observations, just pointing out the costs factor that's associated with comparing ISO performance and lens resolution in the extraordinary compact package that Nikon has designed.

Thanks!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow