XZ1 + A3 printing

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Robert Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,730
Like?
Re: XZ1 + A3 printing
In reply to ash67, Nov 12, 2012

ash67 wrote:

Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me out with this query. I purchased the xz1 a while back and to acompany this fantastic camera, last night I ordered a Canon ix6550 as I have always wanted to do some larger prints. This morning while at work I had this dreaded thought that maybe the 10mp camera isn't big enough to deliver crisp prints at a A3 size. Can anybody give me some reassurance that 10mp is enough pixels to print quality at A3. Thank you to all that read this thread. Best regards, Ash

I've made a ton of 13"x19" prints on my Pro9500 mkII printer, with my ancient, outdated, 8mp Canon Rebel XT. The results are quite amazing, really. The secret is using sharp, detailed files that haven't been overcooked in the editing process. Another secret is using the best printing software, which, IMO, is Qimage. It has, by far, the highest quality algorithms, and you never have to worry about uprezzing your files, since it automatically does all the sampling for you at the native resolution of your printer. I use PS and LR, and Qimage does the best job.

So, to answer your question: yes, 10mp is plenty of resolution for making high-quality, A3-sized prints.

Rob

-- hide signature --

'Don't sneak up on it - surround it'

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow