Who actually has 6 AND 7, and how do they compare in your opinion ??

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Phaelix
Regular MemberPosts: 440Gear list
Like?
Re: Who actually has 6 AND 7, and how do they compare in your opinion ??
In reply to Marla2008, Nov 12, 2012

Hi Maria,

I don't own either, but I've used both extensively as part of my job.  The NEX-7 is easily the nicer camera in the hand- the body is mag-alloy, it just oozes quality.  The Tri-Navi interface is very very cool as well, and while I haven't used it extensively enough to say if it suits my personal style of use, it certainly seems like it could be incredibly flexible in the right hands.

On the other hand, the 6 is well built in it's own way, and the inclusion of a mode dial is undeniably nice.  The viewfinder in the 6 is a little more prone to alias than the 7, which is a blessing and a curse.  On the whole, the 6 benefits from the refinements of an extra generation, with a recessed movie button, new hotshoe and some interface tweaks.

For the money, unless there's a specific NEX-7 feature that speaks to you (Tri-Navi/24MP/wireless flash triggering/alloy body) there's not much of a downside to the 6.

Phaelix's gear list:Phaelix's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony SLT-A99 Sony Alpha 7R +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow