A99 the end of flash photograpy?

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Budvarholsten
Contributing MemberPosts: 633Gear list
Like?
Re: A99 the end of flash photograpy?
In reply to Bart7D, Nov 12, 2012

No camera, no matter how good is ever going to negate the need for flash (or extra lighting, not necessarily flash).

70% of my shooting is done in my studio. To get the effects I want to achieve, flash is a necessity. I've just upgraded to an a99 from a gh2 and gh1. Both of those cameras had on board flash and I can't ever recall using it on either. If you want horrible amateur looking shots with harsh lighting and terrible shadows, then sure, use it.

Back in the mid to late eighties I shot with a Canon Eos600 film camera (arguably a semi pro camera in its day) and that didn't have one either. Usually you go out knowing what you are going to shoot so you kit up accordingly, I always did.

Therefore, if you know your doing birds close up, take a flash gun and the necessary modifiers. Trust me, the shots will look 100 times better than using on board. On board flash is for the one time when aliens invade in the middle of the night and its your only source of light. Apart from that one situation, it should never be used....ever!

-- hide signature --

--
www.holmax.com
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken!

Budvarholsten's gear list:Budvarholsten's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony SLT-A99 Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EDITNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow