Samsung getting ready for major overhaul of it's brand image

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
monkeybrain
Regular MemberPosts: 337Gear list
Like?
Re: Samsung getting ready for major overhaul of it's brand image
In reply to hootsmon, Nov 12, 2012

Samsung is massive and could eat Sony for breakfast if it wanted to. Why hasn't it? Because the NX line hasn't been a major focus so far but I believe they're in it for the long haul. Remember that Samsung are extremely popular in Korea (and the Korean home market is huge) so they've probably only been pushing NX properly there, where they have strong brand loyalty. They are building up their brand globally now, so it's now surprise they want to be considered a more premium-level electronics firm.

Remember Samsung's camera line is being built up from new foundations; Sony had the advantage of Minolta's heritage. Sony is being more innovative at the moment, but it needs to be because it's struggling to survive.

Opening up the NX lens to other manufacturers would be great, but perhaps the reason it hasn't is because of contracts that promise exclusivity to the current maker of the lenses (a microscope company I believe). I suspect that if such a contract exists that after it expires we'll see NX lenses from other companies.

monkeybrain's gear list:monkeybrain's gear list
Samsung NX10 Samsung NX100
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow