Why I Just Bought an Olympus Four Thirds Camera System

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
vessy
New MemberPosts: 2Gear list
Like?
Re: Why I Just Bought an Olympus Four Thirds Camera System
In reply to kendrab, Nov 12, 2012

Congratulations on your choice and thanks for the article!

I own the Olympus E 600 (the little and exotic sister of E 620). Both are actually the same camera, but the E 600 has less extras - like backlight buttons and wireless remote control option. I'm a not a  professional photographer, but I've come from the film SLR era and accept Olympus DSLRs as the right gear for me.

1. Some experience I would share with you and other Olympus DSLR and/or budget users:

- as DSLR - very fast autofokus;

- no need for electric viewfinder - real advantage;

- Olympus kit lenses  (like Pentax) are of really hight quality and they are extremly sharp;

- you can find perfect fast pre digital classical Olympus 50mm/1,8 lenses in internet for low price, under 100 bucks and use it on your new DSLR ( in manual or semiautomatic mode of course) - sharpness and bokeh comparable with expensive DSLR systems for a small fraction of price;

- Olympus DSLR delivers unique real life colours;

- very good and free native free Olympus RAW-processing software;

- really good JPEG quality - no fear to shoot JPEGs;

- Big amount of fantastic features - read User guide;

2. And something you do not have to expect from your E 620 - poor stroboscope lamp in low light/darkness conditions; for me, it's not a problem or a typical job for such a fine gear - use point&shoot camera instead.

Cheers and enjoy!

V.

vessy's gear list:vessy's gear list
Pentax Optio 33L Pentax Optio A40 Pentax Optio 750Z Olympus E-600 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow