A99 the end of flash photograpy?

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
seilerbird666
Senior MemberPosts: 1,101
Like?
Re: A99 the end of flash photograpy?
In reply to OntarioJohn, Nov 12, 2012

OntarioJohn wrote:

Jeez you can buy a little one that won't suck the battery.

Not a chance. My camera is an a55. The a99 would weight a lot more and then adding an external flash  would really weigh me down. I shoot most birds with a Tamrom 200-500 and the a55 and Tammy are heavy enough when hiking for a few hours.

You are selling the a99 way short. It's a marvel. Most of the birds I shoot are far enough away there is no chance of getting a shot with a flash.

I am not selling the a99 short. It is a wonderful camera. I get incredible photos. I don't feel any need to upgrade every time a new camera comes out. The photographer is more important than the camera. Buying an a99 won't make me a better photographer.

Getting close to your subject is an art and I am good at it.

Post me a peregrine falcon in full dive with a flash and I'm donating some cash for that. But if you used one, I doubt that flash made any difference.

Why would you make such an ignorant statement? I have never been within ten feet or less of Peregrine Falcon in full dive.

But you've made your mind up.

Are you trying to sell me an a99? Why? What difference does it make to you what camera I use.

Maybe they will sell one someday, but for now the camera, due to the way it works, eats the battery. I'd hate to think how long it would last if the flash did eat power too.

During a typical day of shooting birds I might use the flash three or four times. I don't worry about batteries at all. My a55 goes all day without a problem.

-- hide signature --

My photos:
picasaweb.google.com/seilerbird

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
EDITNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow