Re: Nex-7 Goodbye 16mm
In reply to Rehabdoc, Nov 12, 2012

Rehabdoc wrote:

tri x wrote:

David Nall wrote:

Looks great now. What did it look like OOC? Dave

-- hide signature --

Visit my gallery at http://davesphotography9173.zenfolio.com/
View of Yosemite Valley, Bridalveil fall 4 frame vertical pano taken from the tunnel parking lot.
http://davesphotography9173.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v58/p1109307522-2.jpg

Thanks David. This is how it looked and this was the best of the bunch. A lot of dodging and burning and curves and sharpening. I was originally trying to take manual bracketing shots for an HDR scene pre Nex-7 software upgrade. It took me so long between shots that the clouds had moved on, so they would never register.

maybe I don't understand something about manual bracketing for HDR. can't you just go to aperture mode, AEL, set your compensation to +X (your brightest in the series) with the right dial, shoot, nudge dial to left, shoot, nudge dial, shoot, nudge, shoot, etc. and easily get 3-5 shots off in about a second or so without ever taking your eye off the EVF?

That's one advantage of tri-navi.

Well for one thing I was shooting on a tripod and using a remote which in this situation I had to point from the front.  As you can see the shadows are very long so I also had to use the timer so I could jump back behind the camera before the shutter released, then move the Ev, then repeat etc.   As you can see from the surf kite the wind was very strong hence the cloud movement.  But this is all academic as we now have a much better bracketing range from Sony.

tri x's gear list:tri x's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow