Renaming Images in Aperture

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alpha Doug
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,161Gear list
Like?
Re: Renaming Images in Aperture
In reply to golf4food, Nov 12, 2012

There are several ways to do this.  First, if you just want to rename one image, select it in the viewer, hit it "Info" tab in the Inspector, and change the Version Name.  Second, if you want to change a few images, and have the name the same, but have an index number or date behind the name, sequentially, to to the Metadata menu item, and choose "Batch Change".  First choose the images you want to change.  In the dialogue box that pops up, choose a Version Name format from the drop down, or make your own using the "edit" choice, than fill in the name and hit return.  You can also change the names of files as you export them, using a similar naming convention to the "batch change" option.  You can also rename files as they are imported.  There are probably a couple more ways, but I can't think of them right now.  Someone else will.  I suggest that you really need to get a good book on Aperture and work on how all of the organization tools work.  It's truly a very powerful program.

-- hide signature --

Only my opinion. It's worth what you paid for it. Your mileage may vary! ;-} www.dougwigton.com/

Alpha Doug's gear list:Alpha Doug's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow