Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hughesnet
Senior MemberPosts: 1,024Gear list
Like?
Re: I'm a little lost
In reply to NowHearThis, Nov 12, 2012

NowHearThis wrote:

ChefAlex wrote:

I don't know, my camera was producing a lot of noise for iso's 400 & 800. I already sold my gear and starting sunday, will move on to the 60d or the 7d.

As far as some of the features that Sony provides, I can get them through Magic Lantern. It will provide me with MFA, Peaking, a pretty cool HDR Video mode (look it up), and a bunch of other features. Thank you all for the help and for your teachings.

Get the 7D. The metering system on the Rebels and 60D is poor. I had a T2i for nearly 2years, hated it's metering system. The 60D/Rebels lock the meter the second you half press the focus button. The 7D doesn't do this, that means you can lock focus but still let the meter work and adjust to changing lighting.

Also why not pick up an A57, A65, A77, or A99, they have fast AF too and stellar lenses (Zeiss, G, etc).

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

They have good lenses but much worse low light performance then the Nex which was his complaint after all.

Hughesnet's gear list:Hughesnet's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ByeNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow