Why I Just Bought an Olympus Four Thirds Camera System

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,656Gear list
Like?
Re: 40-150 MKI/MKII ?
In reply to CollBaxter, Nov 12, 2012

CollBaxter wrote:

Well err My findings are a bit different. My MKI was not as good as the MKII. But I was never lucky with that lens. My son lost one ( MKI) , broke one and got one stolen ( MKII's ) . The MKI is better built and slightly faster but can't close focus I found the MKII's much sharper. Actual which ever one you get they are worth it.

Can't say I ever used a MkII, but all my MkI's have been excellent performers. For me the slightly faster aperture, and chunkier build is better for me.

There again I found the 14-45 as soft a pig stuff.

I keep reading that, but have owned three, and all of them have been at least as good as the 14-42, of which I've also had three - the first one was never as sharp as it should have been (at least not by reputation anyway).

My super value prize is for the 35mm.

Never even considered that, or even seen it really mentioned that much. I think for most amateur users, a reasonable zoom is a more useful lens these days.

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-420 and Apple Mac Mini '09.

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow