Canon G15 Beats Sony RX100 in Picture Quality

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
Grobb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,229Gear list
Like?
Re: And the P7700 seems to beat the G15
In reply to worldcup1982, Nov 12, 2012

I totally agree with you wourldcup1982, the lens on the P7700 does seem better/sharper, not to mention having a much needed focal range. From every comparison I have seen so far, the P7700 takes much sharper images than the G15. Now, if they could just figure out how to increase the pixel pitch from 1.8 to approximately 2.2-2.4 (µm) AND keep the lens specs and quality the same, they would really have a great camera. As it is right now, both cameras are only good for shooting at ISO80-400, but after that, noise reduces sharpness and IQ dramatically IMHO. I have decided to keep my G12 for now, but “IF” it ever does become inoperable in very near future, I will purchase the P7700. Since I live in South Florida and take mainly very low ISO pictures outside in sunny conditions, it is doing just fine for now. I just hope my G12 lasts until the G16 or P7800 comes out and are fitted with larger/better sensors with higher DXO ratings than they currently have.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow