60 macro or wait or the 58 1.4

Started Nov 9, 2012 | Discussions thread
helmus
Regular MemberPosts: 331Gear list
Like?
Re: 60 macro or wait or the 58 1.4
In reply to pkincy, Nov 12, 2012

pkincy wrote:

Like most of the AF comments I find them overblown. Now I have never used a DSLR having much more experience with older film SLR cameras that didn't AF all that well, but the lens will focus. You just have to know how it works and give it time to do so.

I would not want to use the 60 mm to shoot a high school football game unless I was accomplished enough to know how to zone focus and could anticipate where the action will be.

However for what it is (a superb portrait lens, subject isolation lens and tack sharp) I love it.

The lens does cycle through its entire focus range before it locks focus and being a macro lens that is a long range. So be patient grasshopper, it will work and work amazingly well.

Frankly if you don't know how to focus an X series camera you should be using something else. There are a number of really great camera systems out there to choose from.

Why people buy a system and than spend their life whining about its "shortcomings" I simply don't understand. Life is too short to waste time bitching about something all day.

Perry

-- hide signature --

X100; XPro1; 60mm Macro, 34mm f1.4
XE1/Zoom on order

Completely agree !!!

Helmut

helmus's gear list:helmus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +14 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow