Would like some advice on choosing Sony or Canon regarding lens price

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Questions thread
peevee1
Senior MemberPosts: 5,167Gear list
Like?
Re: They are all good . . . try them all and buy the one that feels right to you!
In reply to Guidenet, Nov 12, 2012

Guidenet wrote:

Secondly, on the Nikon 80-200 f/2.8D. I have to disagree here in a way. You didn't really say anything bad about it and you were correct about no motor and old, but this lens is crazy good. It's the last of the old pro-grade Nikons with that all metal crinkly black finish. The optics produce what many, including me, think are as good as any 70-200 f/2.8 out there can do and maybe better. I certainly prefer it. It has that crystal clear punch that some lenses can't create.

You are misguided and misguiding. You sing praises to the lens which is very unsharp at 200 mm, everywhere, and only sharpens up by f/8. If you want sharp pictures in daylight, why not to use ONLY ANY P&S? And you really think that it can be "as good as any 70-200 f/2.8 out there can do and maybe better"? Have you seen what 2.8G AF-S ED VR II can do hide open?

And your recommendation of Canon S110 is also telling - only THE WORST enthusiast P&S of 2012?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow