Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Stu 5
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,265
Like?
Re: Driver problem?
In reply to birdbrain, Nov 12, 2012

birdbrain wrote:

Yes, the update has been applied.

So far I have suffered 2 instances of shash on the HDMI connected monitor. This is an Eizo ColourEdge connected by the HDMI to DVI adapter with a decent quality DVI cable. When the HDMI connected monitor shows shash my second monitor connected by Mini Display Port to DVI is fine.

Since turning on this morning I have had one instance of the HDMI connected screen blacking out for a couple of seconds. I have console open on my second screen but there was no message associated with the black out.

I have successfully colour calibrated the Eizo monitor, but the calibration of my second monitor resulted in a very red colour balance. I will try again when time permits.

On the whole I am quite pleased with the Mac Mini but just have a niggling feeling because of the shash instances and the occasional monitor black outs.

It is certainly very fast at boot up and ACR and Photoshop positively zip along, so I am hoping Apple can offer a permanent fix.

I also feel that there are some issues still with Mountain Lion which Apple needs to iron out.

-- hide signature --

Phil
I wondered why the ball kept getting bigger, then it hit me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philthebirdbrain/

Does the Mini Display Port to DVI run monitor work fine regardless of which monitor is plugged in? I trying to get my head around this issue as I was just about to buy a mini as my old Powerbook has developed a graphics card issue.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow