A new but somehow old Topic - IQ of X-E1 ? Is it really there?

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
EyeOTBeholder
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
A new but somehow old Topic - IQ of X-E1 ? Is it really there?
Nov 12, 2012

Hi all,

Thank you all for all these precious information and opininons. They helped me much.

I have been following quite anything which have been posted about X-E1 since the first launch in Photokina this year including test videos, flickr streams, test reports, samples in DPR etc.What an inspiring camera! That's what I want to believe so far, but...

The IQs from X-Pro 1 and X-E1 are in several postings and tests compared with the IQ of full frame SLRs, like Canon 5D MKxxx, Nikon D700-800-600 etc. is for me subject to question! I had the chance to view some original files from these dSLRs in the passed years and they were mostly, if made by the right photographer(very important), outstanding in terms of light sensitivity, colors and feeling. Especially those from Eos 5D series...

I can say I viewed quite a big percentage of the photos shot by X-E1 in the www until now and I must comfess, I allways need to search for some better samples in this bunch of 'for me rather' average results. I hardly find some stunning results. I am not talking about high iSO etc. These are stunning, no question! But this crispy sharpness, and simply said, the beatiful natural light which should be recorded on this very promising sensor...I'm lacking this so far!

I am not a profi photographer or post processor which mostly deals with the very pixels, DR, chromatic abbr. etc. I am interested rather for the capability of the camera to catch the light and shadows and atmosphere...

X-E1 would be the perfect camera for me because I don't have the funds for full frames and it also annoys me to carry these monsters in volume all around my neck and heavy bags.

But I couldn't decide to order it yet: Please help me with your thoughts

Maybe a little help in terms of what I understand from photography is to see here

EyeOTBeholder Flickr Stream

Thanks in advance

Murad

EyeOTBeholder's gear list:EyeOTBeholder's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1
Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow