Tilting OLED screen very good (on E-M5) (?)

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Francis E
Senior MemberPosts: 1,523Gear list
Like?
Re: Tilting OLED screen very good (on E-M5) (?)
In reply to rrr_hhh, Nov 12, 2012

rrr_hhh wrote:

Concerning bright sun hitting the display, the flip up display is a great help too. I'm wearing cameras with the neckstrap and find the flip up display more agreeable than having the display flipped out at the side of the camera because you have to remain careful that the display doesn't get entangled in the neckstrap or any other strap (that of the spectacles, a long necklace, a purse or any other things). The flip up displays remaining nearer of the camera body are less at risk.

Well, no because if you're in a situation like that with the articulated display you can just use it flat like a fixed LCD.

When taking close ups of wildflowers with a tripod, you're often in a fairly constrained situation where the picture can only be taken from one angle. I would have to experiment before I was sure how the flip up would work, and I can't do that without buying the camera. I'm seeing prices here in Australia, body only, of over $A 1,100, so I can't afford to make a mistake.

Francis E's gear list:Francis E's gear list
Samsung TL500 Leica C Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Pentax K-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow