Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Artichoke
Forum ProPosts: 11,769Gear list
Like?
Veteran's Day Parade: Houston
Nov 12, 2012

given all the brouhaha about the 28 Summicron, I dusted off mine & headed downtown for Houston's Veteran's Day Parade

I could only get there for the beginning & the traffic was surprisingly heavy, so I headed for the preparation area & was able to walk against the flow, so as to take as much of it in as I could given the short time available

here is one that worked just as I had hoped, which is not always the case, particularly when using a wide angle (I love busy photographs)

link to 6 MB version & shooting information

a rainstorm was threatening, but I was pleased to see the crowds as well as all the participants

this group represents disabled veterans

I heard the stretch Hummer was being used for some who were unable to make the march otherwise

-- hide signature --

pbase & dpreview supporter
DPR forum member since 5/2001
my PBase Galleries
"Avoid making a commotion, just as you wouldn’t stir up the water before fishing. Don’t use a flash out of respect for the natural lighting, even when there isn’t any. If these rules aren’t followed, the photographer becomes unbearably obtrusive" -- attributed to HCB

Artichoke's gear list:Artichoke's gear list
Agfa ePhoto 1680 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Leica M8 Nikon D3X Leica M9 +5 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow