Why I Just Bought an Olympus Four Thirds Camera System

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andy Hewitt
Senior MemberPosts: 2,670Gear list
Like?
Re: Why I Just Bought an Olympus Four Thirds Camera System
In reply to kendrab, Nov 12, 2012

Yup, I've been using the cost effectiveness of the Olympus system as a good reason too. Indeed, it was why I first bought into it in the first place, when I got a new E-500 and twin lens kit.

Image quality has always been good. OK you sacrifice a bit of low light noise performance, but even then it's not necessarily all bad once you understand what's going on there.

I haven't been able to afford to expand the kit beyond the basic lenses myself, although moving into 'legacy' glass can be all of fun, cheap and great images too.

I find it hard to compare costs though, as some of us are not in the USA. Here in the UK, we tend to pay effectively double what you pay across 'the pond', as amounts tend to more or less match, but the exchange rate makes it worse (i.e. a $400 camera over there is a £400 camera here - which to you would be over $630 at current rates). So just remember that guys, when you say 'these only cost....'.

Anyway, enjoy your camera.

Regards

-- hide signature --

Andy Hewitt
Using Olympus E-420 and Apple Mac Mini '09.

Andy Hewitt's gear list:Andy Hewitt's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-S1 Fujifilm X-S1 Apple Aperture Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Apple iPhone 4S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow