D600 + 28-300 travel tripod + head

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
tyyreaun
Regular MemberPosts: 419Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 + 28-300 travel tripod + head
In reply to tyler_dx, Nov 12, 2012

If you're trying to stick to under $700 than a Feisol CT-3441 tripod and a PhotoClam head (probably the PC-36NS) would probably be your best bet.

Of course, those are knockoffs of the Gitzo GT1542T Traveler tripod and Markins Q3T ballhead respectively, which many consider the "standard" for a small, lightweight travel kit.  High quality knockoffs, of course, that will certainly get the job done, but if you can swing it I'd go for the Gitzo + Markins combo.  The Gitzo + Markins will run you a bit under $900 including a quick release plate, while the Feisol + PhotoClam + quick release plate will go for around $650.

Haven't tried the Benro myself, but the general comments I've seen say that it's good, but definitely not a Gitzo.  It'd probably be comparable to the Feisol.

tyyreaun's gear list:tyyreaun's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow