Why I Just Bought an Olympus Four Thirds Camera System

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
OlyChamp
Senior MemberPosts: 4,380Gear list
Like?
Accidental tourist
In reply to kendrab, Nov 12, 2012

I stumbled onto the 4/3 system.  I was nowhere near as organised as you.  I accidentally got an E500 (it had DSLR in the sales brief) and it came with twin kit all in excellent condition and well looked after.  Forget it had only 4900 shutter clicks, I found that out by accident too.  Then someone suggested the kit zoom wasn't up to it so I advertised for a new one in this very forum and surprise surprise someone not only in my own country, but he lived just down the road too and he sold me a minter 70-300.  Then  I accidentally started buying more gear and now feel if I won the lottery I'd still keep my E500 because I have not learnt how to drive it properly yet and I love challenges.

So by design my good friend you have entered a fraught but fulfilling world of Oly 4/3.  Enjoy.

Thane

-- hide signature --

The digital image is a dozen or so words
positioned carefully to paint a picture
that challenges the eye
and tricks the mind
into thinking, light is a title
and the palette a taste bud
worth tasting.

OlyChamp's gear list:OlyChamp's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-620 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow