Comments on the Sony DT 18-135 SAM lens?

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 13,326Gear list
Like?
Comments on the Sony DT 18-135 SAM lens?
Nov 12, 2012

I haven't been on this forum every day because I was considering selling my Sony system (down to an A77/grip and a few lenses and accessories). Now, I've changed my mind and need to fill the void in my lineup that was left when I sold my 18-250 (due to its performance during video). I don't need that range again - I also have m4/3 lenses that go to 600mm. However, I would like a walkabout lens that's good in video and stills. By the way, I have some primes, for when they would be more suitable. The lens would cost me about $300, and I would probably sell my almost new Sigma 18-50 (the slower one) HSM, which weighs about the same and is about the same size.

I did a search on the forum and was surprised to find few comments, unless my search effort wasn't done properly. There weren't many reviews on Dyxum, as well.

As mentioned, the lens would be used for various situations, although one major use would be to video my students' onstage performances and graduation ceremonies; I've been using an 85mm 2.8 for that, but need a longer reach.

Thanks!

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow